Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 04:06:18 +0200

Hello list, hello Pedro,

You wrote:

> Roland Goretzki <address@hidden> writes:
> I suppose the best way is
>
> apt-get install guile-1.6
>
> so it will take care of all dependencies for you.

Well, I did so on my unstable system, the only system with e-mail and
internet (host neptun), but the version problem was the same.
The version, which existed there, was guile 1.6.4.
I tried to update with apt-get update and then to install as You
suggested with apt-get install guile-1.6, and the problem with e2fsprogs
came the first time.

Since this moment, on neptun it is not yet possible for many other
programs and packages to update, they all conflict with e2fsprogs.

So I had the idea to make a clean new stable system on my notebook to
get the possibility to work with lilypond again ...

There now, on pluto (without internet), there is the same version guile
1.6.4. Only for this reason I tried with dpkg after fetching the .deb
per ssh from neptun.

In one of the list-e-mails was said, that the autopackage would success
also on older systems, so I cannot quite believe, that guile 1.6.4 is
that wrong ...

Thanks for the help, though it is not yet helpful! ;-)

Best Regards           Roland