Re: Text font problem.

From: Hans
Subject: Re: Text font problem.
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:01:42 +0200

Only snafu: it only runs as root. Does anyone know the right permissions to solve this?

address@hidden:~/music/lilypond$ lilypond blues_up_the_neck.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.6.4
Processing `blues_up_the_neck.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [8][14]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks... [3][6][9][12]
Calculating page breaks...
Layout output to `blues_up_the_neck.ps'.../usr/local/share/lilypond/2.6.4/scm/framework-ps.scm:416:16: In procedure open-file in expression (ly:outputter-port outputter): /usr/local/share/lilypond/2.6.4/scm/framework-ps.scm:416:16: Permission denied: "blues_up_the_neck.ps"

Hans

Hans wrote:

Hello again,

The autopackage worked and 2.6.4 solved the font problem. Thanks. I only wonder how I am going to remove the installation when Debian catches up. Later.....

Cheers,

Hans

Hans wrote:

Hello Mats,

ec-fonts-mftraced is installed and the texhash command didn't help. Will try 2.6 tonight. Thanks sofar.

Hans

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

I would really recommend you to upgrade to the latest stable version, 2.6.4.
Unfortunately, it's not included in the Debian archive, but you can use
the installation package at www.lilypond.org which should work on
almost any Linux.

If you want to stick to 2.4.5, it looks to me as if you have some
installation problems with the ec-fonts-mftraced <http://packages.debian.org/testing/tex/ec-fonts-mftraced> package.
Maybe the simple solution is to run the command 'texhash' as
root to make sure that the TeX file name database is updated.

If that doesn't help, you could try the latest version of that
package from http://lilypond.org/download/fonts/.

  /Mats

Hans wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm running Debian testing, doing weekly updates. I think I miss a text font or the font used by Lilypond 2.4.5 can't be found because my Lilypond output looks really bad. Example here: http://hit.tweakdsl.nl/blues_up_the_neck.pdf. Anybody with the same problem, or better, the solution? I can't find it.

Cheerio,

Hans