Lilypond engraving capabilities

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: Lilypond engraving capabilities
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:25:24 -0300

Hi fellow helpers,

I'm still quite new in knowing Lilypond, and am not confident if the program will fulfill my needs would like to ask these questions:
– Can the lyrics of a be left-aligned in the beginning of a new system and/or the beginning of a new verse? Or right-aligned, rather than only centered? I think the possibility is of setting different alignments is a must for a beautiful engraving.
– Can you really tighten the score to have something like this attached file (engraved iwith Finale)?
– Does it have the kind of brace shown in the score
Please check the attached file (a hymn) to better understand my questions.

Right now you don't have necessarily to show me how to do all that, but just say if the program is able to do those things or not.

Eduardo