Re: header issues

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: header issues
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:09:48 +0200

Just make sure that your text editor saves the file with UTF-8 encoding,
and everything should work.

For the italiano.ly, I hope that you really use the note names defined
in that file. I just tried with
\include "italiano.ly"
music={do re mi fa}

and didn't notice any problems.

  /Mats

Michiel Lange wrote:

Have been looking around a little, and this can be something where I am doing very stupid things...

Take the following simple lilypond file:
--- BEGIN ---
\version "2.6.3"

\header {
   title="A string with é è ê and so on"
   author="The Author is éèêks"
   subsubtitle="súbsùbsûb title"
}

music={c d e f}

\score {
<<
   \context PianoStaff
   <<
       \context Staff = "mystaff"
       <<
            \music

\layout {}
}
--- END ---

The output I get (pdf at least) shows the header without all the specialties, and missing some of the normal letters too. If I change those special letters to their normal equivalents the output is what one would expect.

The question is: how can I get these letters in my header so I can keep using a correct spelling of words? (oh: and on 2.6.3 on windows I tried to \include "italiano.ly" but then I get strange errors about bad syntax at music={...})

Thanks in advance,
Michiel

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing