Re: page break hack

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Re: page break hack
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 13:41:14 +0200

On 15/10/05, Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sven Axelsson <address@hidden> writes:

> >> have a look at the new spacing features in 2.7.12 -
> >> input/regression/page-spacing.ly <http://spacing.ly> ; you're looking for
> >> Y-extent, I'd guess.
> >

> > No, that does no good. I can set Y-extent, next-space, and next-padding to
> > zero as much as I like, but the score still takes up space.
>
> Actually, the score takes no space. The title header (piece = " ") does.

Well, yes, you are right about that. And it is not really the case
that the header itself takes up space either, at least if one uses
piece = \markup \null instead of a space. Rather it is the spacing
between the header and the score that seemingly cannot be removed.

Perhaps everything would work out if Lilypond allowed an empty header,
i.e. only specifying \header { breakbefore = ##t } with no other
fields, and then handled that "as expected", not inserting any extra
space or padding.

--
Sven Axelsson