Re: New user question

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: New user question
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:15:28 +0200

On Friday 14 October 2005 23.01, Kress, Stephen wrote:
> I do have two questions.  I was able to reproduce my source score perfectly
> (with a couple of tweaks for the way I prefer) except for two things.
>
> I like to have every measure numbered under the staff (easy enough) except
> that I can't find a way to have the first measure labeled with a '1' (I
> have a pick-up (partial) measure so was hoping to be able to do this).
> When I don't have a pick-up measure, I don't care as much, but it would be
> nice to do this when I do have one.  I haven't tried this, but would it
> work to put the \override's for the Score.BarNumber after the first note?

Probably. You are free to try it.

If you like, you can contribute your tweaks to the LSR:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/

> Second, there are a pair of marks that I cannot find anywhere in the
> documentation.  I've always heard them called "intro marks" though there
> may be a more "official" name; the first is the top and left lines of a
> square and the second is the top and right of a square.  You see this a lot
> in hymns and are used to mark a phrase (such as part of the chorus) as what
> to play as an intro for the song.

Perhaps you're looking for the first / last half of a volta bracket, but with
volta numbers removed?

In that case, I think it's possible to do it, by creating a short-lifed
VoltaBracket spanner. However, I haven't tried it, and it might require some
trickery.

--
Erik