Re: Favorite editor

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: Favorite editor
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:53:56 +0200

Am 2005-10-04 um 22:50 schrieb Hans:

Right now I edit ly-files with Midnight Commander, have a terminal open for making output and a file-manager to open the pdf or ps. Working like this means constant switching between windows (edit, save, run lilypond file.ly in the terminal, chech the pdf). Is there an editor for Lilypond like Bluefish for html? Or is there a smarter way to work. I would love to hear your experience. Thank you.

The best editor for LilyPond seems to be jEdit (www.jedit.org) with its LilyPond plugin.
(Of course, the best editor at all is either emacs or vi ;-))
I don't really like neither of them.
On MacOS X there's also LilyPad - not as mighty, but very comfortable.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm