Re: newer Debian release soon?

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: newer Debian release soon?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:22:30 -0700 (PDT)

For Debian Sarge, I don't know. If you are using testing or unstable (Etch or Sid), you *should* be able to get it to compile. Rather, I was able to get it to compile. I was not able to create a .deb package. It seems to be an issue with lilypond-book, but I don't know.

Granted, last I checked, the texinfo package in Sid is still not high enough, but I think it is available in experimental. I had the version that was in Etch and was able to compile the source code, but it didn't matter what version I had when it came to creating a .deb. It is very unlikely that I will have the time to figure out how to make a debian package before January.

Josiah