Re: Slur or beam in tablature

From: Hans
Subject: Re: Slur or beam in tablature
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:16:17 +0200

It may not be elegant, but it does the trick: g'8( ^\markup \fontsize #-2 { " H" } gis') . Works both in score and tablature. The spaces are to get the "H" in the middle of the slur, so they are different each time. --Hans

Hans wrote:

I know it's not a feature yet, but my thoughts were that there's always more than one way :-) --Hans

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Hans wrote:

Thank you! So that's how it works! It finally makes sense :-) .....And not, because if the TabStaff uses explicit voices, then why the Staff not?

It's the other way around: Since it's so common to have several voices in a Staff, there is a shorthand for it. If you read in Sect. 6.6.2, you will see that you, of course,
can do the same explicitly also for ordinary staves, if you want to.

BTW, I think I will not use melody={} and bass={} because the staff and tab differ in some ways, like e.g. beams. Copy and paste will make the file larger, but the result will be closer to what I want.

BTW2, is it possible to use \markup to put an H or P (hammer on, pull off) indication above the slur, or shouldn't I even bother experimenting like that?

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-09/msg00565.html

 /Mats