Re: Using alien to create a .deb

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: Re: Using alien to create a .deb
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:28:09 -0200

Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) Does anyone with any knowledge of the internals of Lilypond deb and
> RPM packages have any idea where alien might introduce any subtle problems?

yes, it may. debian has a strict policy regarding where things should be
and behave (which may be overkill sometimes). converting from alien
means that things may not be in the place where the system is expecting
it to be.

> 2) Can anyone suggest a score somewhere that I could use to 'stress
> test' my installation?

I suppose if it's working with one score it will work with others. I
suggest you test if lilypond-book, the conversion scripts (like abc2ly),
emacs-mode, vi-mode, documentation, etc are working.

Cheers,

Pedro Kröger