The frust is growing up ... Was: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: The frust is growing up ... Was: Re: giving up frustrated ... :-(
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:49:23 +0200

Hello list, hello Jan,

You wrote:
> try
>    apt-get install libltdl3

Thank You, this did work, but afterwards there were two other libs to
install, one after another ...

That did work also, and then lilypond --version gave a good output.

But then came the next desillusionation:
Trying a little example with

  lilypond example-1.ly

results in an error message:

  address@hidden:~/noten/2.6.3.1/probe > lilypond example-1.ly
  GNU LilyPond 2.6.3.1
  »example-1.ly« wird verarbeitet
  Analysieren...
  Interpretation der Musik...[2]
  Vorverarbeitung der grafischen Elemente...
  Berechne Zeilenumbrüche...
  Zeilenumbrüche werden berechnet...
  Layout nach »example-1.ps« ausgeben...
  /home/roland/.local/bin/lilypond-bin-2.6.3.1: relocation error:
  /home/roland/.local/lib/libguile.so.12: symbol regexec,
  version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file
  libc.so.6 with link time reference

and creates only a .ps-file with 0 bytes.
It's quite awful ...
In the past it was so easy ...

I would like to spend my time on typesetting further scores (under all
for mutopia also) with lilypond, and not on failing tries to install the
program ... :-(

> or the fresh 2.6.4 package, that has libtool included too.

On the lilypond-website I could only find 2.6.4 for fedora or as source
code ...

Best Regards           Roland