Ossia staves getting them to work....

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Ossia staves getting them to work....
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:57:18 +1000

Hi Everyone...

I am typesetting a Violin Sonata by Locatelli and I want to provide a written out stave above the violin showing how the sometimes abbreviated part should be played.

I'm trying to use the \stopStaff and \startStaff commands used in the 'Tips and Tricks' section but unfortunately this doesn't seem to work as I get a whole new staff above the violin either with staff lines or no staff lines but with a clef.

I've attached a snippet of the code so you can see where I might have gone wrong.

Any help appreciated..

Regards,

Trent Johnston