Letter page length too long

From: Michael Haynie
Subject: Letter page length too long
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:39:36 -0400

Greetings:

I've noticed that Lilypond consistently produces pages that are roughly 1/2 a line too long, with the result that my footer line is cut off. The distance from the point where the text is cut off to the bottom of the page is 1/2", the usual printer margin. In version 2.2, I was able to change the page length (by hacking the driver script) so that the footer was left intact, but that option is apparently no longer viable. So:

a) Has anyone else noticed this problem?
b) Is there a fix?

I'm working with 2.6.3 (2.6.4 changes make no mention of this issue), on Mac OS X.

tia.