Re: Letter page length too long

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Letter page length too long
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:44:56 +0200

On Sunday 23 October 2005 09.02, Graham Percival wrote:
> On 22-Oct-05, at 9:39 PM, Michael Haynie wrote:
> > I've noticed that Lilypond consistently produces pages that are
> > roughly 1/2 a line too long, with the result that my footer line is
> > cut off.
>
> It's not actually lilypond; it's dvips.

No, it can't be dvips. Since 2.6, lily doesn't go via tex/dvi, so dvips is
never invoked. The .ps file is created directly, so this must be a problem
specific to lily.

I don't know anything about letter size papers, since I only have used a4
myself. But IIRC, there is an example in regression tests, which demonstrates
how page sizes can be completely customised.

--
Erik