Re: Tempo change in Midi file

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Tempo change in Midi file
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:09:49 -0400

On Monday 24 October 2005 09:55 am, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> I think there was an insightful email in the mailing lists a couple of
> years ago that explained that the current solution of handling MIDI
> tempo changes will only work with certain MIDI players but not
> with all. I just tried to listen to your example using kmidi (which
> internally uses timidity, a software-only MIDI interpreter) and it
> certainly plays the correct tempo changes, but it may fail for your
> combination of sound card and software.

For right now, use midi2mg, edit your changes, save it, run midge
on it and you're done in seconds.  Midge is great for changing things
in midi files created by lilypond.  It's a lot quicker because it does
much less, so trying out different instruments and relative velocities
(loudnesses) is quick and easy.  What's really hard about it is the
notes syntax.  daveA

--
The only technical exercises for all guitarists worth a lifetime
of practice: "Dynamic Guitar Technique".  Nothing else is close.