Re: Letter page length too long

From: Michael Haynie
Subject: Re: Letter page length too long
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:00:59 -0400

OK -- I verified that -sPAPERSIZE="letter" is appearing on the gs line, and Acrobat reader reports 8.5x11, as I mentioned previously. Printing A4 on Letter with scaling results in wider margins at the right and left, since a4 is longer than letter. This is default behavior on Mac OS. Not scaling cuts off much more than half a line of text.

So -- back to my theory -- there is probably a collection of paper dimensions in the sources somewhere, and one of them is wrong. Where should I look?