eps issue

From: Martial
Subject: eps issue
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:21:34 +0200

L'o

Several thread talk about eps, so :
I use Lilypond (for windows) recently
and I test the \epsfile, with difficulty, but with succes !

syntaxe :  \epsfile #"my_image.eps"  *
in use  :  \markup { \epsfile #"my_image.eps" }

There are two format eps : matrix and vectorial.

Lilypond use the eps format vectorial.
Frequently the outputs format are in a matricial,(in Gimp too).

Use Inkscape  http://www.inkscape.org/
or Oodraw (openoffice http://www.openoffice.org/) to make a vectorial
image and export in eps format.

- Use eps format level 1; (niveau 1)
- no  encapluled;
- no  preview tiff;

Use Inkscape to "vectorise" a bitmap output with anothers software.
menu Chemin(p)
        \Vectoriser le bitmap.

If you view this warning in the Lilypond log
"Converting to `eps_image.pdf'...Error: /stackoverflo"
You must simplify the image in Inkscape:
        menu Chemin(p)
                \simplifier.

the demo
http://cathemline.org/lily/eps_image.pdf
http://cathemline.org/lily/eps_image.zip

Regards

FOR INFORMATION
A POINT in MATRIX EPS CODE
..../...
colorimage
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffdadaff9a9aff9a9affdadaffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffff9a9aff1b1bff1b1bff9a9affffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffff9a9aff1b1bff1b1bff9a9affffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffdadaff9a9aff9a9affdadaffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

A POINT in VECTORIAL EPS CODE
../..
newpath
-0.079410255 0.2395848 moveto