doubling of time signature in 2.6.3 ?

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: doubling of time signature in 2.6.3 ?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:37:23 -0700

Hello-
I've fiddled with this for an hour and copied it first directly from the manual (typed it in) then took and copied some from something I made work and then even edited that and I still have these double time signatures- So something is wrong with the manual or I'm really missing something obvious.

Here's the ly file

\version "2.6.3"
\header {
 title = "Doctor Parnassum"
 composer = "Claude Debussy"
 copyright = "for study purposes only"

}
#(set-global-staff-size 19)
upper = \relative c' {
   \set Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
   \key c \major
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
\time 4/4
%notes here
r16 g c d e g, c e d f, c'd f a, b f' |
}

lower = \relative c {
   \clef bass
   \set Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
   \key c \major
   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
   \time 4/4
%notes go here
\acciaccatura c,8 c'1~|

}

\score {

   \new PianoStaff <<
   \set PianoStaff.instrument = #"piano"
   \context Staff = upper \upper
   \context Staff = lower \lower

   \layout { }
\midi {\tempo 4=60 }

Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton
Sound and Silence
206-328-7694
www.soundand.com