Re: Automatic line breaking in Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Automatic line breaking in Lilypond
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:43:01 +0200

It may be that you explicitly have to tell LilyPond that both the linebreaking "music" and the real music should be in the same stave:

\new Staff <<\repeat unfold 7 {
        s1 \noBreak s1 \noBreak
        s1 \noBreak s1 \break }
  the real music

  /Mats

Quoting Alex Decker <address@hidden>:

Hey

Is there a way to make a userdefined automated line breaking in Lilypond? I tried this, as said in the manual:

<< \repeat unfold 7 {
         s1 \noBreak s1 \noBreak
         s1 \noBreak s1 \break }
   the real music

But that gives me an empty line above the line where my music is actually displayed.

Understand what I mean?

Hope someone kan help...

- Alex