Re: Escape sequence for accentuated characters?

From: Raphael Manfredi
Subject: Re: Escape sequence for accentuated characters?
Date: 29 Oct 2005 23:08:16 GMT

Quoting Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> from ml.lilypond.users:
:Raphael Manfredi writes:
:> So, what's the way to type pure ASCII accentuated letters in lilypond?
:
:That's not supported.  You'll have to find/write a recoding program
:that translates into utf-8, if that's what you really want.

Something is wrong.

I managed to get the UTF-8 input right (via "recode"), but the text in the
PDF is not diplaying properly.  It's as if there was a "backspace" emitted
after the accentuated character, and there is some overwriting of the
letters that follow (they are shifted to the left by approximatively
1.5 characters).

If I emit the unaccentuated letter, everything is fine.

What's the problem?  I'm using 2.6.3.

Thanks,
Raphael