Re: Text setting

From: Neil Killeen
Subject: Re: Text setting
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:55:09 +0000

Edward

many thanks for these solutions; I will use the second one.

I don't like the bar check fail as I fairly rigorously use bar lines to find my
many typing blunders.. However, I'd like to check why it fails. ? The
time signature is 4/4.   If we use

s2^\markup {text here} R2

then a skip of duration 2 beats and then a whole bar of duration
2 beats. Since the whole bar is 4 beats, having R2 is inconsistent regardless
of whether the S2 is there or not.  Is that that the reason ?

Your second solution presumably is making use
of two voices on the one staff and so no
bar fail check occurs....

regards
Neil