Forward of moderated message

From: info-lilypond-bounces
Subject: Forward of moderated message
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:23:52 -0400

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Lilypond from terminal Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:07:42 +0100
I would really like to use the midi2ly tool, but I don't know how to do this.  I am just getting to grips with the terminal, having used a mac now for over two years.  Until I found Lilypond, I'd never felt the need to dip into the terminal.

I have followed the instructions in the readMe:

"Put the lilypond.sh script somewhere in your path, eg.

  cp lilypond.sh /usr/local/bin/lilypond "   etc...

Also, I have carried out similar instructions to put lilypond-script-wrapper.sh into /usr/local/bin/ , creating symbolic links for midi2ly etc.  So that the following is contained in the recommended directory:

$ ls -F /usr/local/bin
address@hidden                        lilypond*                       address@hidden
dfont2res*                      address@hidden                 showfond*
fondu*                          lilypond-script-wrapper.sh*     tobin*
frombin*                        address@hidden                       ufond*

Still, I'm not sure how to launch midi2ly itself.  I have tried typing midi2ly while in the directory /usr/local/bin/ and also in the directory /Applications/Lilypond/Lilypond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ (which I have noticed contains the unix executable file called midi2ly).  Always, -bash: midi2ly: command not found is returned.

I run Lilypond 2.7.11-1 on mac os 10.4.2, with macpython 2.3 installed (though it doesn't seem to open).  Python version 2.3.5 runs in the terminal.

--- End Message ---