Re: Fun with \include "english.ly"

From: Thomas J. Dillman
Subject: Re: Fun with \include "english.ly"
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:00:40 -0500

After some experimentation. I've discovered that the problem was doing the include inside a {} block. english.ly defines a variable, which, it seems, can't be done inside a block. I didn't see anything on this in the tutorial or manual. Did I miss something obvious?

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

I hope you have verified that you don't have any other syntax
error in your own input file. Sometimes the error messages can
be misleading.

   /Mats

Thomas J. Dillman wrote:

I'm using lilypond 2.6.4 & I've used the command:
\include "english.ly"
in one of my files and am getting:

Parsing...
C:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/2.6.4/ly/english.ly:6:0: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING

pitchnamesEnglish = #`(

error: errors found, ignoring music expression

What am I doing wrong.