Doc translation

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Doc translation
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 23:57:30 +0100

Hi
On the wiki
http://wikihost.org/wikis/lilypond/programm/gebo.prg?name=discus ,
address@hidden wrote:
> Well, I just mailed Jan N. about starting a Wiki for the translation
> of the entire manual into Dutch.
> He mailed me back, that this already existes, kinda...
> All I found, was a very difficult site where I couldn't find what I
> was looking for.

What is this "very difficult site"? Is it a message in the mailing list
archive? More precisely, is it
[[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2005-09/msg00017.html]]?
If not, could you please give the URL?

> Well, now I hope, anyone will mail me, how to make any translation
> into the Wiki.
> I'm not (I repeat; I'm not!) a developer, just a choir director.
> But willing to translate is my spare time.

I'm not a developer either, but I'm trying to make something similar to
the infrastructure used to translate the website, starting with patch
from Jan (see above message link). I hope you're not in a hurry, because
I can't spend much time on it, and I'm a newbie concerning makefiles and
Texinfo. I've read the Texinfo info pages, and now I'm trying to figure
out how to debug the makefile.

I'll submit ideas and problems on the list later, when I really know
what I talk about.

French translators are waiting for it too. By the way, I hope you will
find other Dutch people interested in doing this job, in order to do it
faster and better. We (the French translators) have managed to translate
most of the website with a good quality, haven't we? As we are a team,
we read and improve each other's work, until it looks good.

Regards
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>