Re: problem or bug?

From: Edward Neeman
Subject: Re: problem or bug?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:20:32 +1100 (EST)

> example.ly and example.pdf for your reference.
> In the 2nd bar, why is the appoggiatura slur not
> attached to the note heads
> of both the appoggiatura and the main note? Instead,
> as shown, the slur is
> at the end of the stem.

The appogiatura slur placement is probably a bug, but
it is easy to fix by overriding 'positions:

\override Voice.Slur #'positions = #'(0 . 0)

> In the 5th bar, I'm puzzled as to why the running
> trill line does not span
> to the end of the bar when I explicitly attached the
> \stopTrillSpan at the
> last spacer quarter note of the bar? I could "cheat"
> by attaching
> \stopTrillSpan to a hidden grace note at the end of
> the bar but I wouldn't
> like to do this everytime.

In fact this is what I do every time.  Is it so much
trouble?  You can also attach the \stopTrillSpan to a
rest and hide that, eg.

\once \override Rest #'transparent = ##t
r8\stopTrillSpan

Cheers,
Edward Neeman