Re: technique for mixing / matching tunes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: technique for mixing / matching tunes
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:15:09 +0100

Jason Addison wrote:

What is the recommended technique for defining tunes in separate files
so that they can be used to generate pdf with only that tune, or pdf
wth several consecutive tunes? For example (what I'm try and failing
with--I thing because I use variables outside of score but inside of
book):

<caution: approximate/brief lilypond syntax below>

tune_a.ly:
parta = { ... }
partb = { ... }
score { parta partb headerinfo }

tune_b.ly
parta = { ... }
partb = { ... }
score { parta partb headerinfo }

tune_a-single.ly: <generated on the fly with make/sh>
include single_tune_hdr.ly
include tune_a.ly

set_one.ly:
include set_hdr.ly
book {
include tune_a.ly
include tune_b.ly
}

As long as you accept to use one .ly file for each output .pdf file
(such as the set_one.ly file), there's no need at all to use the \book{...}
feature. Just remove the \book{ and corresponding right brace from the
file and I guess you get the expected result.

   /Mats