Adjusting bar length

From: Edwin Vane
Subject: Adjusting bar length
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:21:47 -0500

Hi,

I have a bar over which I have a couple of text markups (some attached
with \mark when I want them attached to barlines). However, I find that
longer text items run into each other. I've tried the 'padding'
attribute of TextScripts but it only seems to increase padding between
the staff and the text. Setting no-spacing-rods to ##f helps but
disrupts the layout of objects on the staff. Is there any way to
increase horizontal padding between text items and simply cause the bar
underneat to expand nicely?

--

Edwin Vane
   MMath Candidate