Pango font problem

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: Pango font problem
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:39:48 +0100 (CET)

Using Lily 2.6.4 with Cygwin

I have problems with new font system. If I do not specify anything, the
output is Sans-Serif. If I try to specify what is in the doc to have Roman
output, i.e.

#(define fonts
       (make-pango-font-tree
        "Times New Roman" "Helvetica" "Courier"
        (/ myStaffSize 20)))

I have the Roman font (fine) but then \italic has no effect!

Here is a small example where the "dim." should be italic and is not:

\version "2.6.0"

\include "english.ly"

#(set-global-staff-size 18)
#(set-default-paper-size "a4")

\paper {
        #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "Times New Roman" "Helvetica"
"Courier" (/ 18 20)))
}

\score {
        \new Staff {
                \clef treble
                \key c \major
                \time 2/4
                \relative {
                        c4_\markup { \italic dim. } d e f
                        \bar "|."

Frédéric Bron (address@hidden)
Villa des Quatre Chemins, Centre Hospitalier, BP 208
38506 VOIRON CEDEX
tél. : (33) 4 76 67 17 27