2 conversion problems 2.4.6->2.6.3

From: Thomas Ruedas
Subject: 2 conversion problems 2.4.6->2.6.3
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:08:58 +0200

Hi,
I am trying to convert some lilypond sources from 2.4.6 to 2.6.3 (as
delivered with SUSE 10.0) and encounter two problems:
1.) convert-ly aborts when invoked as "convert-ly PianoSonataB_2.ly"
on the command line, although this file compiled without problems
under 2.4.6, and 2.6.3 also handles the old format quite well. The
error message is posted below (and is then followed by a screen
output of the entire file, which I don't include here). I don't
understand at all what is meant by it - I can only say that I don't
see where I depart from the manual with respect to the beams. This is
the error message:
"Applying conversion: 2.5.0, 2.5.1, 2.5.2, 2.5.3, 2.5.12, 2.5.13,
2.5.17, 2.5.18, 2.5.21,
Not smart enough to convert auto beam settings
Auto beam settings must now specify each interesting moment in a
measure explicitely; 1/4 is no longer multiplied to cover moments 1/2
and 3/4 too.
Please refer to the manual for details, and update manually.
error while converting
Aborting"
2.) The other problem concerns the width of the braces at the
beginning of the piano staff. While these were just perfect in the
old version, they are too wide in the new one, although I didn't
change anything in the source. How is that possible, and how do I fix
it?
As I am at typography: previously I entered an en-dash in a title in
the TeX way as --, and it produced the expected result. This doesn't
work anymore, so how can I enter the en-dash now?
Cheers,
Thomas