Re: \book usage

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: \book usage
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:31:45 +0100

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Could you please remind me and others on why you could not simply do it
> all within a .ly file:
> \version "2.6.0"
> \paper{
> % For version 2.6:
> scoreTitleMarkup = \bookTitleMarkup
> % For version 2.7:
> printallheaders = ##t
> }
>
> \include "piece1.ly"
> \include "piece2.ly"
>
> Now I remember one problem, namely that you have to move all \header{...}
> blocks into the corresponding \score{...} block, otherwise all the
> pieces will
> get the same title. But are there any other problems that you solve
> easier with
> lilypond-book?

Table of contents comes to mind.
I've made a reduction for voice+piano of Giulio Cesare for a singer,
who asked me to add a table of contents. Argh. But apart from that, I
don't really see the advantage of using lilypond-book for a document
with little text. With longer text across pages, it's another story.

nicolas