Re: Scribus - alternative to lilybook?

From: Arthur Dyck
Subject: Re: Scribus - alternative to lilybook?
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:11:03 -0500

On Thursday 03 November 2005 11:16 am, Stephen Corey wrote:
> Henrik Frisk wrote:
> >Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

> >>Yes, but then the .ly would be editable from within Scribus, so you
> >>only have to import a .ly , or enter it from scratch.

> >>That would be cool. It would be significant amount of work, since I'd
> >>have to get familiar with Scribus and its plugin interface.  I'd guess
> >>that this would be 1000 eur or 2000 eur, in order of magnitude.
> >
> >Let's see if we can create an interest in this. I think this would be a
> >valuable addition to LilyPond. Anybody willing to co-sponsor?
> >
> >/henrik
>
> Hello, this is my newbie post.  I've been using Lilypond with jEdit for
> about 2 months now for arranging instrumental parts.  The only challenge
> has been learning some of the syntax but I can't complain.  You have
> done a wonderful job with this software.  I'd be interested in helping
> to support getting this Scribus feature up and running.  Also, are there
> any user groups in the Eastern U.S. or parties interested in perhaps a
> workshop?
>
> Stephen Corey
> Richmond, Virginia, USA

I'm not sure I understand what it is you want to do with this plugin.  If it
is just a matter of updating the pdf once you have edited the .ly file,
Scribus has a feature where you can select your pdf image and there is an
Update feature.  I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect you could just do your
editing, create your pdf, go over to Scribus and Update your image.

Arthur