Re: \book usage

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \book usage
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:57:42 -0800

On 3-Nov-05, at 2:02 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Not if you're using lilypond-book. If you don't use \book, then you can't use \pageBreak in your scores. There used to be a bug (in Aug) wherein the horizontal alignment of some systems was also messed up without \book; I'm not certain if that's still around.

That's a rather special issue and should be described in the lilypond-book manual. I still find the information about \book in the main manual very
misleading, both in "8.1.4 Text markup", "10.1.12 Multiple movements"
and "5.8 File structure". If you agree, I can try to reformulate it.

Please do. I'm still discovering facets of \book vs. non-book based on experimentation; the manual page on \book is extremely vague, but I don't feel that I know enough about \book to try to clarify the manual.

Cheers,
- Graham