Re: New and bug-free 2.6.4-4 for Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: New and bug-free 2.6.4-4 for Windows
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:20:25 +0100

Mats Bengtsson writes:

> Python and midi2ly seem OK,

Yay!

> but now lilypond.exe doesn't seem to do anything useful.

How odd.  I can't imaging changing anything except for fixing argv0
relocation (and of course, it works for me).

Do you have a lilypond-windows.exe or lilypond-console.exe in your
usr/bin directory?

What about drag and drop operation?  You did try setting LILYPOND_VERBOSE?
Did you try the lilypond-windows.exe version too?

... It turns out that I didn't produce 2.6.4-4 from a clean build, my
lilypond-windows.exe was broken.  I'm uploading 2.6.4-5 right now,
so any more testing (my questions above) please against that.

> Also, I noticed that the uninstaller (at least for some of the
> previous versions) didn't
> remove the changes done to the environment variables, so now I have
> .PY both at
> the front and at the end of PATHEXT, for example.

Yes, it should prepend now only once, because that's easier to check.
I think that removing this one is a bit tricky and useless.

Jan.