help needed: how to align lyrics with melody

From: Ytsen Kooistra
Subject: help needed: how to align lyrics with melody
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:21:16 +0100

Hello!

I'm trying to  align my lyrics to a melody, but I can't find out how. Here is an example where I'm trying to put a syllable on each 8-th note of a 6/8 piece; but it doesn't work... I'm running the latest version on MAc OS X. I would like to be able to put in the length of a syllable of the text... can somebody please help me out?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kind regards,

Ytsen.

Here's my sample file: