Re: Repeating the midi sound?

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Repeating the midi sound?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:02:36 +0100

On Sunday 06 November 2005 22.50, Jannik Jeppesen wrote:

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

> Hi Erik...
>
> Thanks for your answer...
> I have read the unfold, but font understand it...
>
> I have made one bare in drum mode, and want to hear it in midi....
> continiously... so it keeps on playing until stopped....
> Hope you understand what i mean...

This depends on which midi player you are using.

The MIDI format doesn't support loops, so you'll need a MIDI player that can
restarts the MIDI when you reached the end.

Alternatively, you can create a very long midi file (1 hour or so), with one
bar repeated thousands of times; this may be a sufficient solution.

The latter can be done by writing something like
\repeat unfold 10000 { ..music.. }

Erik