Re: RemoveEmpty``Tab``StaffContext and 'internal properties'

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: RemoveEmpty``Tab``StaffContext and 'internal properties'
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:24:14 +0100

Vincenzo Colonnella wrote:
Wandering around Lilypond documentation, I figured out that a good solution would be about hacking a bit something in order to correctly set an "internal property". 'Hara_kiri_engraver' create a layout object called 'RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup', that supports the interface 'hara-kiri-group-interface', that contains the internal property 'items-worth-living'. I think that the list defined in that property doesn't contain "TabNoteHeads", while perhaps it should.

good detective work!

Finally, my question: there's a way to manipulate also "internal properties" from a .ly source?
Or, at least, there's another working method to reach what I aim?

try

\set TabStaff.keepAliveInterfaces = #'(note-head-interface rest-interface)

Thanx for patience!!
Greetings! And good work!! Go on so great!!

If you enjoy LilyPond, consider a donation! See http://lilypond.org/web/sponsor/