Re: The limits of StaffGroup nesting

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: The limits of StaffGroup nesting
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:18:19 +0100

Trevor Bača wrote:
So, both for ease of implementation -- and because actual composers
seem to bar and bracket things quite arbitrarily -- maybe the request
shouldn't be for arbitrarily nested contexts, but instead to free up
barring and bracketting as independent tasks from each other. Dunno,
but something to think about when it comes time to add to the sponsor
page.

Yes, this seems sensible. I think there would be a need for a

  systemStartDepth

property, setting the number of brackets a staff should be enclosed in, and a

  nestedDelimiterType

property, setting the type of bracket for a certain nesting depth.

The nice thing is that we could completely drop the need for InnerXXX contexts.