Re: Non-latin scripts howto?

From: Richard Schoeller
Subject: Re: Non-latin scripts howto?
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:09:07 -0500

gedit places the vowels correctly inside, above or below the consonants.
I haven't tried any text that contains trope (let alone trying trope and
vowels in combination).  As far as I can tell, gedit also renders the
combinations of r-to-l and l-to-r text correctly.

BTW, gedit has to deal with the word wrap algorithms.  And those seem
correct as well.  I can tell you from experience that nested
bidirectional word wrap algorithms can get pretty ugly.

Dick

--
Dick Schoeller
mailto:address@hidden