Partial measure moment

From: Gilles
Subject: Partial measure moment
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:11:27 +0100

Hi.

> - Partial bars:
> You probably don't want to use \partial in the middle of a piece. In your
> example, it tends to destroy the bar numbering. I think it's a better idea to
> set Timing.measureLength directly.

I found this in the manual:

measurePosition (moment)
    How much of the current measure have we had. This can be set manually to
    create incomplete measures.

How do I express this "moment" type in a lily file?
I tried

  g2. \set Timing.measurePosition = #1 |

but lilypond complains:

    g2. \set Timing.measurePosition = #1

type check for `measurePosition' failed; value `1' must be of type `moment'[24]

Thanks,
Gilles