Re: Non-latin scripts howto?

From: Richard Schoeller
Subject: Re: Non-latin scripts howto?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:25:08 -0500

I can't comment on why it works for me and not for you.  When it was
announced that the Unicode support was in there, I tried it and it
worked.

As to entering Hebrew in gedit, I use 3 different techniques.  If I can
find the name of the song or a similar already entered on the web, I
copy and paste  8^).  A lot of the klezmer stuff that I am working with
is cataloged in the Freedman Collection site.  Otherwise, I use the
gnome keymap applet to change over to Hebrew entry.  Occasionally, I
will use the character map program.  In particular for entering tropes
and vowels.

Dick

--
Dick Schoeller