Re: lily in agnula ? lily in live distro ?

From: Darius Blasband
Subject: Re: lily in agnula ? lily in live distro ?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:10:11 +0100

I would not say it is expensive in absolute terms - it compares favourably with Cubase, for instance - but then again, compared with something that's free, I guess everything looks expensive.

The hardware autodetection is fairly good. So is the support. I have two reservation about the product:

- Claiming you can boot on a CD and save your data on a USB storage device does not work all that well: CD drives are just too slow and noisy for comfort ! I have not tried to install
    it on a hard disk, but I would expect it to work much better.
- As far as I have been able to see, there is no facility to edit double-stave Piano scores, making it cumbersome as a Lilypond front-end, at least for me... It might be adequate for string quartets though...

Darius.

Cyprien Gay wrote:

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence a écrit :
There is something called Studio to Go
http://www.ferventsoftware.com
British
Expensive
Lilypond is integrated with Rosegarden
I found it to be a total pain
and the version of Lily is 2.2 which isn't really adequate anymore.

2.6.1 now, it seems :
http://www.ferventsoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=59

Total pain in what sense ?
Integration of Lilypond with Rosegarden is a pain ?

Anyway, expensive indeed.
And only one license per copy.

Cyprien.

Cyprien Gay wrote:

Also, is there any live-cd with lilypond on it ?