Re: "\unfoldRepeats" bug? [was: Partial measure moment]

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: "\unfoldRepeats" bug? [was: Partial measure moment]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:00:13 +0100

It seems that the best you can do is something like:

\version "2.6.0"

\score{
% \applymusic #unfold-repeats
\relative c'' {
 \time 4/4
\repeat volta 2 {
 \partial 4 d4 |
   e8 d e d e d e d |
 }
 \alternative {
   { f2. }
{ \set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment 0 4) f8 e f e f e f g | }

which gets rid of the warning and prints all the automatic beams
correctly.

  /Mats

Gilles wrote:

Hi.

(1)
First, is this in effect the most straightforward way to obtain
the expected result?
No, a problem is that \cadenzaOff doesn't mark the end of the bar (there will
be four beats before the candenza bar is finished).

I don't get what you mean; maybe you could correct the "one.ly" example.

What would the equivalent incantation using "Timing.measurePosition"?
I guess it'd be something like
\set Timing.measurePosition = #(make-moment 1 4)
where you now inserted \cadenzaOn. But I don't know, so please experiment.

I don't seem to get it any better with these "moments":  In addition to the
warnings, I get a bar printed at the wrong place :-{

(2)
In the 3rd attached file, when "\unfoldRepeats" is put back in,
warnings show up:
That's becaue you don't end the cadenza within the repeat. Repeat unfolding works
in principle by copy&paste, so you will have two \cadenzaOn:s followed by two
cadenzaOff:s in your example; this may give unexpected results.

Well...  The authoritative (Han-Wen) answer seems to indicate that there is
currently no way to improve the notation and get rid of the warnings.

Thanks,
Gilles

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing