RE: Guitar notation

From: Vaylor Trucks
Subject: RE: Guitar notation
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:02:52 -0500

of course, strictly speaking, you need to add a \transpose command to the standard notation staff - like this:

guitar = {
        \set Staff.instrument = #"Guitar"
        \set Staff.midiIntrument = "electric guitar (jazz)"
        \clef treble
        \transpose c c'
        \context Staff << \gtr >>
}

...plus you need to change the clef to a treble cleff with an "8" beneath the loop - but I haven't found that clef yet.