Cross noteheads

From: Andrew Neil
Subject: Cross noteheads
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 00:16:39 +0000

When I attempt to override the notehead style to cross, I get the following output in the console:

Parsing...<unnamed port>: In _expression_ ’style:
<unnamed port>: Unbound variable: ’style

Lilypond doesn't get any further than this, and stops working.  This occurs when the following is present in my .ly file:

c4 d
\override NoteHead #’style = #’cross
e f
\revert NoteHead #’style

(As copied from section 8.4.5 of the documentation)
If I remove the \override and \revert statements, the file is parsed without a problem.
Can anyone help?
Thanks