Old-fashioned rest symbol

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: Old-fashioned rest symbol
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:34:19 -0200

Hello fellows,

Does anybody know why the symbol for a fourth-note rest that looks like an inverted "Z" does not feature in any font of music notation programs? I'm used to seeing that symbol a lot, especially in hymnbooks. I wonder why it is so discarded by music programs.
Is it worth including it in Lilypond, since our program already support some ancient notation? Depending on your opinions, I sure could help sponsoring it.

Regards,

Eduardo Vieira