Re: Help with fonts (Was: Non-latin scripts howto?)

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Help with fonts (Was: Non-latin scripts howto?)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:33:57 +0100

>   http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/input/regression/out-www/lily-1601320616.ly
>
> On the resulting postscript, the Bulgarian and Portuguese are fine.
> But not the Japanese nor the Hebrew.  No Japanese fonts are installed,
> but Hebrew fonts are!
>
> Could someone point me to maybe some command to be run to make lilypond
> aware of these fonts?  (I'm on Debian).

How can I investigate further what's wrong on my system?
Here attached:

- a LilyPond file edited with gedit (to insert Hebrew)
- a pdf output of that text file, showing that a Hebrew font is accessible
  since it shows up here
- the pdf output of lilypond, with no Hebrew characters :-{

Results of compiling this file on another Debian system would help...

Gilles