line constraint problems

From: Arthur Dyck
Subject: line constraint problems
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:20:10 -0700

I'm having some line constraint problems with the third line in this piece.
Lilypond won't let me put the whole measure on one line, although it looks
like there should be room.  In order for me not to get line constraint error
messages, I have to put the break where it is or I can't create a break, and
it's really ugly.  Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm using 2.6.4 on Mandrake 10.1.

Thanks.
Arthur

\version "2.6.4"
global =
{
        \key f \major
        \set Staff.autoBeaming = ##f

}

\header {
                title = "Holy God"
                subtitle = ""
                tagline = ""
                poet = ""
                composer = "Feofanovskoye"
}

#(set-global-staff-size 15)
#(set-default-paper-size "a5")

upperOne =
        \relative c'{
        \voiceOne
        \set Timing.timing = ##f
        \key g \major
        \autoBeamOff
        g'8 g2 \bar "||"
        g4 g8 fis8( g a g4.) \bar "|"
        b4 b8 a( b c) b4. \bar "|"
        d4( b8) a4 a8 b a g fis g^\markup { ritard } a g4. \bar ":|"
        g8 \bar "" \break g g4. fis \bar "|"
        fis8 fis g4 g8 g g4. \bar "|"
        d'4( b8) a4 a8 b a g fis g^\markup { ritard } a g4. \bar "||"

                }

upperTwo =
        \relative c'{
        \set Timing.timing = ##f
        \voiceTwo
        \autoBeamOff
        e8 e2
        e4 e8 dis( e f e4.)
        g4 g8 fis( g a) g4.
        b4( g8) fis4 fis8 g fis e dis! e fis e4.
        e8 e e4. dis!
        dis!8 dis e4 e8 e e4.
        b'4( g8) fis4 fis8 g fis e dis! e fis e4.
        }

lowerOne =
        \relative c' {
        \set Timing.timing = ##f
        \key g \major
        \voiceOne
        \autoBeamOff
        b8 b2
        b4 b8 b4.~ b4.
        d4 d8 d4. d
        d4.~ d4 d8 d d b b b b b4.
        b8 b b4. b
        b8 b b4 b8 b b4.
        d4. d4 d8 d d b b b b b4.
        }

lowerTwo =
        \relative c {
        \set Timing.timing = ##f
        \voiceTwo
        \autoBeamOff
        e8 e2
        e4 e8 b4.( e)
        g4 g8 d4. g
        g4. d4 d8 g d e b b b_\markup { repeat three times } e4.
        e8 e e4. b
        b8 b e4 e8 e e4.
        g4. d4 d8 g d e b b_\markup { repeat original melody } b e4.
        }

firstverse = \lyricmode {
         A -- men.
         Ho -- ly God,
         Ho -- ly Might -- y,
         Ho -- ly, Im -- mor -- tal have mer -- cy on us
         \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #-1 "Glory to the
Father and
to the Son and to the" Holy Spi -- rit,
         \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #-1 "now and ever and
unto
ages" of a -- ges.  A -- men.
         Ho -- ly, Im -- mor -- tal have mer -- cy on us.
        }

\score{

        \context ChoirStaff<<
                \context Staff = "upper"