Re: Parenthesized notehead

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Parenthesized notehead
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:35:21 +0100

Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
People often asks how to get parenthesized noteheads. There is an
example: stencil-hacking.ly but that doesn't adjust the stencil extents
properly, so the parenthesis collides with accidentals and stuff like
that. I have made a version that does take care of this:

Perhaps this functionality should be included in lilypond, it's not so
uncommon to want parenthesis around noteheads... There could be a
\startParenthesizeNoteHeads and \stopParenthesizeNoteHeads command...
(or maybe some shorter names? ;) Or even something like "\override
NoteHead #'parenthesized = ##t" (merge the code below with the default
stencil proc for noteheads)

I'd be happy to real support for generically parenthesizing objects as a sponsored feature. Contact me for details.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com