Curly ' (was: Controlling stave separation)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Curly ' (was: Controlling stave separation)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:14:05 -0800

On 23-Nov-05, at 11:59 AM, Art Hixson wrote:

That curly quote symbol was copied, using the copy function, from section 7.1.5 of the PDF version of the User Manual where I note other instances of the same sort. Had I typed the string I wouldn't have had the problem as I don't have that character on my keyboard. But, it's handy to snip bits from the manual. Can that be corrected?

Short answer: yes.

Medium answer: I don't know how.

Long answer: some people have investigated this; if you're interested, search the mailist. I don't know enough about how lilypond builds documentation, and/or latex, and/or texinfo, to fix it. A patch to fix this would be __greatly__ appreciated.

Cheers,
- Graham Percival, LilyPond Documentation Editor.