MusicXML import: looking for co-sponsors

From: Mark Van den Borre
Subject: MusicXML import: looking for co-sponsors
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:19:04 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

Who would like to co-sponsor a MusicXML to Lilypond conversion script?

What: A script that extracts notes and rests from a MusicXML file into a
Lilypond file. Written in Python, modular, extensible.
Price: I've had a €350 price quote from Han-Wen.
Current sponsors: Mark Van den Borre, €50; Tom Eykens: € ?;
Still needed: €300 - Tom's contribution
Goal 1: increase note entry productivity. A non-free (neither speech nor beer)
optical music recognition program produces produces MusicXML output. Imagine
being able to feed this to Lillypond...
Goal 2: import simple MusicXML fragments made with Finale (Yes, recent Finale
versions support MusicXML output out of the box. Sibelius supports it too, if
you install the non-free Dolet plugin).

I would personally use this functionality in my volunteer work for the Mutopia
free sheet music archive (http://mutopiaproject.org), and maybe for integrating
short and simple bits of music from solfege teachers at our music academy in a
consistent style.

Mark

P.S. I am aware of xml2ly, but that effort seems to be dead and won't get
accepted into the official Lilypond tree.
P.P.S. I am not a list subscriber. Please CC me your reply!
--
Mark Van den Borre
Noormannenstraat 113